Thursday, January 30, 2014
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
In lending, cash flow is King! Unfortunately a borrower’s tax return doesn’t show cash flow. It shows the IRS a taxpayer’s taxable income and allowable deductions. Those items are often quite different from cash flow. However, by decoding the tax forms, you can unscramble the tax incomes, find the positive cash flows, remove the phantom expenses, and replace them with real, negative cash flows.
This webinar will teach lenders how to replace tax incomes (which don’t pay you back) with cash flows (which do). It will begin by ensuring you understand the incomes reported on Page 1 of Form 1040, including income from interest, divorce, retirement, and other sources. It will also cover Schedule B – Investment Interest Income; Schedule C – Profit or Loss from Sole Proprietorship; and Schedule D – Capital Gains and Losses. After completing this program, you will be able to confidently turn these tax forms into cash flow statements.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Schedule B: Interest and Dividends – Identify recurring and non-recurring income from interest and dividends
- Schedule B: Interest and Dividends – Finding and removing ‘phantom’ interest and dividend income that is ‘passed through’ from partnership or S Corp K-1s
- Schedule C: Sole Proprietorship – Identify hidden income and duplicated and hidden expenses
- Schedule D: Capital Gains and Losses – Differentiate between recurring and non-recurring income from gains on sales
- Forms 6252 and 4797: How to identify hidden income from installment sales
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Complimentary copy of Lenders Tax Analyzer© software which allows lending professionals to obtain a borrower’s real cash flow from a Form 1040, including income from rentals, self-employment, farms, partnerships, S Corporations, investments, etc. Three tax years are all linked on one report.
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
DON’T MISS PART 2!
This program is the first of two in a series. Watch for
What is That Personal Tax Return Telling Me? Part 2: Schedules E & F
on Wednesday, February 26, 2014
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for chief lending officers, MSRs, sales staff, new accounts personnel, loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key lending staff.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Tim Harrington, CPA