Thursday, December 4, 2014
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Understanding and complying with IRA reporting requirements can be a daunting, complex task. Join us for a simple explanation of the reporting rules, regulations, and responsibilities facing IRA custodians in 2014 and beyond. From 1099-R and 5498 reporting, to member and beneficiary statement/notice requirements, this program will cover this maze of rules and provide a clear, concise path.
You will learn there are choices on how to handle certain reporting requirements depending on your financial institution’s philosophy and operational capabilities. This session will provide back-office IRA support or operations staff with valuable, current information. Member contact staff will be able to confidently answer IRA questions that arise throughout the year when members receive one of the many IRS reporting forms or IRA account statements and notices.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- 1099-R and 5498 reporting requirements and deadlines
- Summary of required IRA holder statements and notices, including account, fair market value, and required minimum distribution statements and notices
- Review of beneficiary reporting and notice requirements
- Deadlines and penalties for missing reporting and notice deadlines
- How to handle reporting mistakes and make corrections
- Effectively addressing common questions
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session will provide important practical information to IRA operations, compliance, and reporting staff and frontline personnel. Management staff will gain a solid understanding and appreciation of Traditional and Roth IRA reporting, statement, and notice requirements.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Frank J. LaLoggia
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.