Available ONLY via Archived Webinar
Archived webinar available Friday, November 22, 2013
In an effort to make the Dodd-Frank Qualified Mortgage “fit” in more situations, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has given us five definitions of a qualified mortgage. While not all will apply to every financial institution, every institution that makes mortgage loans will use one of the five definitions – most will use more than one. As we hurtle toward the January deadline, this webinar will assist you in considering all the options and ensure that all your mortgage loan types are compliant and ready to go.
(Note: This webinar will not cover other definitions of a Qualified Mortgage – such as those recently proposed by HUD for their FHA program. Because the HUD rule will not be final by the January deadline, we will save that discussion for a later date.)
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The five qualified mortgage definitions
- The different requirements for each definition
- Its impact on your financial institution
- Last-minute preparation suggestions
- Decisions that need to be made
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- A document that highlights each type of qualified mortgage and provides information regarding the appropriate calculations for each type
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for loan management personnel, especially those who are decision makers regarding the loan types your financial institution offers. Others in the lending area will find the information useful for loan underwriting and similar functions.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Bill Elliott, CRCM
Young & Associates, Inc.