Wednesday, October 28, 2015
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Being a credit union volunteer can be a rewarding but taxing job, which can fill you with a sense of pride and ownership, but it’s not without risk. Credit unions are faced with many challenges (financial performance, loan quality, regulators, auditors, compliance, etc.) that can bring risk to your organization. As the “watchdog” for your credit union, you need to gain deeper insight and knowledge of your duties and responsibilities so you can be an effective Supervisory Committee member.
This webinar session is geared toward newer Supervisory or Audit Committee members. It will focus on your duties and responsibilities, including the key skills you should possess. You will be introduced to risks that may exist at your credit union and learn how to become a valuable asset.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Supervisory Committee responsibilities
- Insights on what procedures you can perform for your credit union
- Credit union risks
- Supervisory Committee best practices
- Ways you can improve as a Supervisory Committee member
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Links to NCUA’s website
- Sample Supervisory Committee charter
- Sample findings tracking log
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for credit union Supervisory and Audit Committee members.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual financial institution’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Bryan W. Mogensen, CPA