Wednesday, October 22, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Safe deposit boxes are an important service provided by the credit union. They are a source of additional revenue and a way to enhance member relationships. However, safe deposit box operations are unique and sometimes mysterious. The improper handling of a safe deposit box can result in unforeseen liability of tremendous proportions. This webinar will cover everything from the initial agreement, to drilling, to escheatment of box contents to the State. All the common problems associated with safe deposit boxes will be specifically addressed.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Your credit union’s obligations and responsibilities for safe deposit boxes
- Proper procedures to grant access to a safe deposit box
- What to do when the rent is delinquent on a safe deposit box
- What to do when the sole owner or one joint owner dies
- Drilling procedures
- Avoiding common mistakes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of items that should be covered in your credit union’s safe deposit box policy
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for staff involved with safe deposit boxes, including officers, member service representatives, operations personnel, compliance officers, attorneys, and managers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP