Thursday, November 20, 2014
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Critical incidents normally take financial institutions by surprise. Criminals don’t think logically when drugs, addiction, or greed are their motivation. The belief that it will never happen here provides a false sense of security. Robbery can be a life-altering experience that most financial institution employees seldom take seriously. One moment it is life as usual, then suddenly a person or group of people change the victim’s perception of the world.
Criminals become dangerous when taken by surprise! Knowing how to respond quickly and efficiently without surprising the robber(s) could protect accountholders and staff. Making a simple mistake in a robbery situation could result in unknown consequences. Only properly trained staff will react appropriately when an incident occurs. This program will deliver the training needed to foresee, combat, and resolve various critical incidents that staff members at every level may encounter.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to handle unusual robbery situations
- Social media is the new enemy for robbery procedures – know what not to do
- What the back office staff should do before, during, and after a robbery
- How mobile devices could cause a robbery to escalate
- Proper steps to follow after law enforcement has left the building
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Security tips for improving your robbery program
- Risk management basics on different robbery styles
- Risk management basics: before, during, and after a robbery
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all credit union employees.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Thompson Consulting Group, LLC