Tuesday, October 14, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
From the Truth in Savings Act (TISA) to electronic funds transfers (Reg E) to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), the laws and regulations governing deposit operations affect your daily working environment. Providing disclosures and statements are just the tip of the iceberg. Reg E error resolution claims continue to be one of the hottest areas of consumer complaints to regulators. Knowing your rights and responsibilities regarding checks and other issues covered by the UCC can save your financial institution from potential losses. This webinar will provide an overview of TISA and Reg E requirements, the BSA recordkeeping and reporting requirements, check holds (Reg CC), the laws of checks (UCC), and limitations on transfers from non-transaction accounts (Reg D).
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How long do you have to investigate a Reg E claim and when must you provide provisional credit?
- Who can negotiate checks payable in a fiduciary capacity such as to a trustee or executor?
- What are the maximum timeframes for holds on checks and other deposits?
- Why are stop payments not advisable on cashier’s and teller’s checks?
- Which transactions count towards the six-per-month limit under Regulation D?
- What BSA and anti-money laundering provisions are most likely to affect deposit operations?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Regulation E and Regulation Z error resolution charts
- List of acceptable payees and endorsees
- Reg CC check hold chart
- BSA operations cheat sheet
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to frontline personnel and all staff who handle Reg E claims, check collections, processing, and returned items. Branch managers and operations staff supervisors will also benefit.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Compliance Plus, Inc.