Thursday, October 16, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
A number of accounting updates continue to affect the credit union industry. This webinar will cover the latest accounting and financial reporting matters impacting credit unions, including the accounting for the allowance for loan losses, other real estate owned, and nonaccrual loans. In addition, with the increase in merger and acquisition activity, a portion of the webinar will cover the related purchase accounting complexities. Finally, this program will look ahead at what FASB is currently working on, including the new expected loan loss reserve model and changes to accounting for leases.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The latest updates on the FASB model known as Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) which will require credit unions to forecast losses on loans and set aside appropriate reserves
- Proposed changes to the accounting for leases as they will apply to a lessee and lessor
- Purchase accounting as it relates to mergers and acquisitions
- The updated COSO framework
- Current accounting issues with other real estate and nonaccrual loans
- The Private Company Council and its impact on credit unions
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Useful website links and resources
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is beneficial for CFOs, controllers, financial analysts, loan officers, and accounting staff.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Eide Bailly, LLP