Tuesday, June 17, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Rule Change Alert: In a stunning March 2014 announcement, the IRS stated that the one IRA-to-IRA rollover per year rule applies to all of a member’s IRAs, not to each IRA separately. This webinar will address the implications this ruling may have on your IRA program.
Other recent IRA rule changes have expanded the portability options available to IRA members. The increased choices – while providing welcome new opportunities – come with additional complexities. IRA members are posing difficult new questions. What are the considerations and consequences of rolling over funds from an employer-sponsored retirement plan into an IRA or beneficiary IRA? This session will provide valuable information to new and experienced IRA professionals who want a solid understanding of IRA rollover and transfer rules and responsibilities.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Implications of the recent IRS announcement on the once every 12 month IRA-to-IRA rollover rule change
- The difference between rollovers and transfers
- Review proper processing and reporting requirements of rollovers versus transfers
- Required and suggested forms and documentation
- Analyze employer-sponsored plan to IRA rollover considerations
- The difference between direct and indirect IRA rollovers
- How to handle IRA revocations
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- IRS quick reference rollover chart
- IRS Announcement 2014-15: New IRS position on one-per-year rollover rule
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for those who deal with members and for staff who have IRA operational, compliance, or reporting responsibilities. Management will also benefit from a solid understanding and appreciation of IRA rollover and transfer rules and the responsibilities that come with accepting rollover and transfer deposits.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Frank J. LaLoggia
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.