Wednesday, November 13, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
“The revenue upside for financial institutions and merchants from the
mobile-marketing transformation could be a trillion dollars or more –
if the first generation of mobile wallet providers doesn’t lay claim to it first.”
– Steve Mott, Better Buy Design
In May, the Federal Reserve concluded that if financial institutions don’t leverage their unique advantage as trusted entities for consumer mobile payments, they risk being reduced to passive transaction processors. Consumers already conduct half of their online purchases with mobile devices, and there will be 60 million mobile payments users by 2017, creating $1.4 billion in mobile point-of-sale volume. Most industry experts believe cash and credit cards will be replaced by smartphone payments within eight years. How will credit unions fare with the advent of mobile payments and mobile commerce? Do credit unions have unique advantages to leverage? If so, how? Join us for a look at the future of mobile payments and learn the strategic and tactical positioning that will best serve your credit union.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Wallets: mobile versus digital versus invisible
- State of mobile/digital payments: Durbin, EMV, and mobile NFC
- Mobile payments: what’s the big deal, really?
- Digital/mobile wallet review: what’s working, what’s not, what matters
- Mobile payments: what we know, what we don’t
- How credit unions can win the mobile/data wars
- Best options for credit unions: what to do next
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This presentation is designed for officers and staff responsible both for the credit union’s mobile banking and payments franchises (card, check, ACH) and for the specific evolution and expansion of the credit union’s mobile banking offering to a full mobile payments and mobile commerce solution. This topic’s strategic implications also merit the close attention of the board and executive management.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER