Thursday, October 2, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
More and more credit unions are expanding their member business loan (MBL) portfolios. It can be a great way to increase membership and promote economic development in your community. It can also be an additional source of income that allows you to provide larger dividends to your members. However, some credit unions failed and many got into trouble as a result of their MBL programs during the recent economic crisis. Certainly, the downturn in the real estate markets contributed to these problems, but so did unsafe lending practices. This program will provide recommendations on how to implement, manage, and offer a profitable MBL program.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Lessons learned from the recent economic crisis
- What should be included in an effective member business loan policy?
- Building an effective risk rating and pricing system for MBLs
- Why an independent loan review function is so important to maintaining a high quality MBL portfolio
- Best practices for MBL lending
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample MBL loan policy, including risk rating system, credit presentations, and checklists to assist in the underwriting and on-going credit administration of your MBL portfolio
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, senior management, loan officers, and credit analysts.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER