Wednesday, December 4, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
NCUA Regulation Part 748 requires credit unions to have a written security program designed to protect themselves against robberies, burglaries, larcenies, and embezzlement. Today financial institutions encounter a number of threats including:
- Opening procedures that get thwarted by people who arrive two hours early, which causes problems for the opening team
- Closing procedures that are often overlooked can cause the financial institution to become a robbery target
- ATM robberies
- Potential terrorist threats
The FBI has developed a new program titled “Bandit Shield” that is being used extensively in Texas. It stresses the fundamentals of protecting the financial institution. This webinar will review what the FBI has successfully established in Texas and provide a fresh look at the robbery equation.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How Internet websites can cause robberies
- Robbery techniques using bombs or hand grenades
- Recent robbery stories you can use to train staff
- How robbery photos could make your financial institution a potential target
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Resources for robbery awareness
- Incident response form
IMPORTANT TOOLS PROVIDED
This training will include the following items so that you are able to provide solid documentation for examiners:
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all financial institution employees.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
Don’t Miss the Other Mandatory Compliance Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Learn more about the Mandatory Compliance Series.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Thompson Consulting Group, LLC