Tuesday, November 12, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Managing IRA beneficiary designations and explaining allowable distribution options to IRA beneficiaries may very well be the most complex area of administering your IRA program. If you deal directly with members or have IRA operational or reporting responsibilities, this session is for you. It will thoroughly cover the rules and best practices surrounding beneficiary designations, allowable distribution options, and processing procedures.
Whether you are new to the IRA arena or an experienced professional, this webinar will provide a solid understanding of IRA beneficiary rules, important considerations, and reference tools needed to confidently provide IRA beneficiaries with the information required to make informed decisions. Join us to learn the current guidance on processing, titling, and government reporting associated with beneficiary IRAs.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The four most common categories of beneficiary designations and proper documentation
- Allowable beneficiary distribution options
- How an IRA member’s age at death affects beneficiary options
- Identify your responsibilities (versus best practices) to assist and notify beneficiaries of their options
- How your IRA agreement may limit or affect beneficiary options
- Potential pitfalls of certain trust and estate beneficiary designations
- IRA custodian’s responsibilities for titling and reporting on beneficiary IRAs
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample quick reference beneficiary options chart
- Sample beneficiary notification letters
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all staff and management responsible for establishing IRAs, IRA coordinators and administrators, and anyone involved with IRA operations and compliance.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Frank J. LaLoggia
LaLoggia Consulting, Inc.