Thursday, May 29, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Your credit union needs to be up-to-date on the major changes to UCC Article 9 that became effective in 2013 to properly perfect its security interest and to protect its lien priority in collateral. This webinar will explain how to obtain and properly perfect a security interest in all types of consumer collateral including home loans, vehicles, certificates of deposit, investment accounts, and personal property. It will also address what happens when the loan goes bad. Join us to learn all aspects of the repossession and foreclosure process, starting with the decision to foreclose on collateral and ending with the sale of collateral at a private or public sale.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to create a proper security interest in various types of consumer collateral
- Methods of perfecting the security interest – when is possession, filing, or third-party control required?
- What constitutes an event of default sufficient for foreclosure?
- When is a right-to-cure notice required?
- Conducting self-help repossession
- Requirements of a commercially reasonable sale
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- UCC Article 9 default and repossession checklist to ensure you don’t forget a step
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all lending personnel, including loan officers, loan operations staff, credit administration personnel, managers, collectors, compliance officers, and attorneys.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP