Tuesday, March 25, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial institutions play a vital role in ensuring that the provisions of the National Flood Insurance Program are carried out. Examiners are inspecting flood compliance procedures with a microscope and penalties are quick to be issued. In addition, examiners want to ensure you are ready to implement sound procedures to address the new and proposed changes under the Biggert-Waters Act.
This must-attend session will address these rules, proposals, and FEMA mapping/pricing changes. The sample procedures and tools provided will assist with compliance and make your next flood exam a non-event.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What loans are covered by this regulation?
- Flood determinations: complete, accurate, and timely
- Notice for flood properties – timing is imperative
- How much flood insurance is enough?
- Force placing insurance: what are your procedures?
- Overview of new Biggert-Waters Insurance Reform Act requirements effective June 1, 2014
- Mandatory escrow requirements effective July 6, 2014
- The Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act being considered by Congress
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample written flood procedures, including the new Biggert-Waters requirements
- Monitoring and tracking tools
- Tools for reviewing your files for flood compliance
- Worksheet to test whether you have enough insurance coverage
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit lenders, loan processors, compliance officers, and auditors.
DON’T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.