Thursday, February 27, 2014
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
HR recordkeeping is a very important topic for any size company. The mantra of HR is “document, document, document!” Documentation is vital. Without appropriate records, you are less likely to “pass” government agency audits (DOL, OFCCP, IRS, etc.) and less likely to prevail in lawsuits.
Do you want to ensure you are meeting federal and state requirements? If so, join us for this must-attend webinar that will focus on recordkeeping and documentation requirements and best practices. You will have a chance to “test” your knowledge, practice completing required forms, and learn the ins and outs of recordkeeping during the course of each staff member’s employment.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Basic recordkeeping requirements for each HR function: recruitment and selection; hiring and on-boarding; compensation and benefits administration; and disciplinary and termination processes
- Policies employees must follow, the consequences of not following them, and the documentation required to substantiate your actions
- Record retention requirements and the rules of personnel file maintenance
- Laws that require employers to notify employees of their rights and responsibilities
- Best practices when developing recordkeeping procedures and practices
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample audit checklists
- Useful website links
- Sample record retention policy
- Additional detail on conducting an I-9 audit – an essential recordkeeping requirement
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This information is designed for staff responsible for human resource recordkeeping and maintenance. Supervisors will also benefit from learning the ins and outs of required recordkeeping and documentation, especially if some employment functions are decentralized.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Robinson HR Consulting