Wednesday, September 17, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Is your credit union retaining email and other electronic business records in compliance with the law, regulations, and organizational guidelines? Failure to preserve, protect, and produce email and other electronic records in a timely, legally valid manner could result in protracted lawsuits, court sanctions, fines, unhappy members, or damaged reputations. Could your credit union survive a million-dollar penalty for record mismanagement?
Federal and state laws require credit unions to retain email and other electronically stored information (ESI) in compliance with e-discovery guidelines. Credit unions engaged in electronic banking must also adhere to the E-SIGN Act. However, many credit unions have unwittingly established unlawful online-banking and record-retention programs. Others are challenged by the legally compliant management of email and other forms of ESI. Thanks to smartphones and social media, there is growing pressure (and confusion) when it comes to the compliant creation, retention, and disposition of business record email and other ESI. Attend this webinar to learn a seven-step strategy for the effective and compliant management of electronic business records.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Seven steps to ensure the effective, compliant management of electronic business records
- What is an electronic business record?
- What does the law demand regarding retention and disposition of email and ESI?
- Requirements for management and maintenance of business records
- What is E-SIGN and what does it require?
- Why and how to write effective, best-practices-based email-retention policies
- Why you must support your record retention policy with litigation hold rules
- Why and how to determine record lifecycles and deletion schedules
- E-discovery: courts demand prompt production of compliant electronic evidence
- Electronic evidence: how to ensure your electronic records are legally valid
- Educating employees about their record-retention roles
- Technology solutions: email archiving to help ensure compliance
- Real-life disaster stories: potentially costly consequences of business record mismanagement
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips you can implement immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Whitepaper: “Electronic Business Records: Compliance Rules for Financial Institutions”
- Self-assessment: “Where Does Your Financial Institution Stand When It Comes to Email Management, Record Management, and Compliance Management?”
- Tip Sheet: “Seven-Step Strategy for Effective & Compliant Record Management”
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative program will benefit compliance officers, attorneys, records managers, IT professionals, risk managers, operations managers, and others who preserve, protect, and produce email and other forms of ESI.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
The ePolicy Institute™