Thursday, June 19, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar will explore a strategic approach to improve credit union profitability. The first step is to address the relationship between risk and reward. In other words, profit improvement must be defined within a given risk profile. Some credit union directors will desire more risk than others. This is not viewed as right or wrong – simply different. After risk, the webinar will address:
- Loans – rate and volume
- Investments – permissible, term, and rate
- Deposit pricing
- Fee income
A major focus will be the relationship between asset growth and income. If asset growth exceeds income as a percentage of net worth, the net worth ratio will fall. If income as a percentage of net worth exceeds asset growth, the net worth ratio will increase. In other words, the goal is not just to maximize profitability, but to maximize profitability within your risk profile and long-term strategic objectives.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Don’t Miss the Other Director Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Click here to learn more about the Director Series
- Board responsibilities in the profit arena
- How to determine if net profit is adequate
- How to work with management in improving profitability
- Coordinating profitability with the CU mission
- Effective approach for understanding investment risk
- Effective methodology for balancing risk/reward
- Importance of a shared CU vision
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed for directors and senior management as a cost-effective way to determine the interest-rate risk at your credit union and to meet regulatory guidelines.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Young & Associates, Inc.