Tuesday, December 3, 2013
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Liability lawsuits against financial institutions are increasing. Making a mistake in the consumer collection process can cause substantial damages. Therefore, it is important to understand the proper procedures and avoid liability. This webinar will explain all aspects of the collection process, including collection letters, default notices, consumers’ right to cure, repossession of collateral, foreclosure, setoff on deposit accounts, and reporting to credit agencies.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When is the proper time to start the collection process?
- Right to cure notices
- Proper acceleration and foreclosure
- Conducting self-help repossession under UCC Article 9
- Aspects of a “commercially reasonable” sale
- Exercising the financial institution’s right of setoff
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist that your financial institution can use to ensure you don’t forget a step in the collection process
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit loan officers at all levels, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, collectors, compliance officers, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the collection process.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
Don’t Miss the Other Consumer Debt Resolution Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Learn more about the Consumer Debt Resolution Series.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP