Wednesday, March 12, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
It is essential that notaries understand their duties and responsibilities. Individuals assume personal liability when serving as a notary, but their employer can also be held liable. In the credit union industry, notaries are required for many transactions. However, there are times when notaries feel uncomfortable with their role and/or the transaction. This program will teach notaries how to understand and correctly execute their duties and responsibilities, with a focus on important credit union industry issues.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Duties and responsibilities of a notary
- Most common errors made by a notary
- A notary’s personal liability
- Potential liability for your credit union as the notary’s employer
- Recommendations on how to avoid liability
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of the notary requirements for every state
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for all notaries and their managers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP