Wednesday, December 17, 2014
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
What you don’t say can be a compliance violation! What you do say can be a compliance violation! Confusing? Absolutely! Whether it is print media, radio, TV, lobby posters, brochures, or your website, multiple regulations impact your credit union’s advertising. You must be knowledgeable to avoid compliance pitfalls. However, rules and regulations can be costly to implement and difficult to interpret. This session covers the numerous rules and regulations that restrict advertising content and mandate specific disclosures, as well as the form and content of all types of advertising. Risking noncompliance is not an option! A single regulatory violation, or worse, a pattern of violations, can lead to regulatory fines and potential lawsuits.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Unfair, deceptive, and abusive advertising practices
- Special rules for websites and mobile banking
- Restrictions on use of email, fax, and telephone solicitations
- Copyright and trademark infringement
- Promotional contests and prizes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Advertising compliance checklist to ensure you don’t forget an important requirement
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing personnel, compliance officers, legal officers, and managers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP