Wednesday, June 4, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Did you know that the Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI) can still be liable for an unauthorized ACH withdrawal long after the NACHA return deadlines? Although the Receiving Depository Financial Institution (RDFI) can’t recover funds through the NACHA network via return entries after the return deadline, the RDFI can obtain reimbursement from the ODFI under a breach-of-warranty theory through other legal methods. This webinar will explain the NACHA rules regarding the proper return of unauthorized ACHs through the NACHA system, and how to legally recover unauthorized ACH withdrawals after the NACHA return deadlines.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Don’t Miss the Other ACH Specialist Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Click here to learn more about the ACH Specialist Series
- Return deadlines for consumer and corporate accounts
- When a late claim can be submitted through the NACHA system
- Reg E and NACHA rules conflicts and how to handle them
- Bringing a breach-of-warranty claim against the ODFI
- Getting indemnity from the ODFI
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- NACHA Operating Rules and Bulletins relating to breach-of-warranty claims and indemnification
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be useful for all deposit personnel, including loan operations staff and officers, tellers, service representatives, compliance officers, attorneys, and managers.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP