Wednesday, June 5, 2013
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The pace of changes in lending regulations is unprecedented. Do you know which regulations require annual training? What regulations have been changed by the CFPB because of the Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Act? Which regulations cause the most-frequent problems in passing compliance exams? What should lenders understand about money laundering and suspicious activity in the loan process?
Compliance training for lenders is no longer “optional” and it can reduce loss. Flood insurance violations have increased to $2,000 per incident with NO annual limit. HMDA data accuracy issues continue to cause civil money penalties and fair lending remains an exam focus with regulators. This session will cover everything from Regulation B to Z and outline specific disclosures and timing requirements. Attendees will receive checklists and guidance to help lending staff work smarter, not harder.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Don’t Miss the Other Mandatory Compliance Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Learn more about the Mandatory Compliance Series.
- BSA annual training requirements for CIP in the lending area and due diligence for detecting potential money laundering activity, plus Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) basics
- Fair lending “best practices” to mitigate the risk factors in underwriting, pricing, and steering
- Reg B requirements for the life of the loan – how to take and process an application
- HMDA data compilation overview, common problems, and best practices
- Flood requirements overview, including triggering events and coverage calculations
- Most-common errors in consumer real estate secured loans and how to prevent them
- Red Flags for Identity Theft and annual training requirement for the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Matrix of 37 types of real estate secured loans (consumer and commercial) showing the required disclosures, timing, and helpful guidance
- Matrix of suggested training topics by job function for consumer, mortgage, commercial lenders, and loan operations staff
- Checklists to prevent common lending compliance mistakes in Regulation B (Adverse Action), HMDA, and flood and a rescission guidance chart
- RESPA “cheat sheet” for applicability and common mistakes
IMPORTANT TOOLS PROVIDED
This training will include the following items so that you are able to provide solid documentation for examiners:
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, auditors, loan officers, loan assistants, and loan administration staff. This webinar will benefit both new lenders and experienced lenders as a review of existing requirements.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions