Thursday, July 18, 2013
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Financial regulators are reviewing your institution’s real estate appraisal practices for compliance with regulatory guidance statements and regulations. They expect management to have developed an appraisal and evaluation policy that provides guidelines for obtaining appropriate valuation documents, including ordering and reviewing the document; on-going monitoring of market values in your lending area; and obtaining updated or new valuation documents as required by guidance statements and/or regulations. Additionally, management must prepare for required changes to their current appraisal process for higher-priced mortgage loans, effective January 18, 2014. This session will also discuss appraisal weaknesses that financial regulators have cited in legal documents in filings against failed financial institutions.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Adequacy of current program
- Engagement letters
- Communications between staff and appraiser
- Review process
- Resolution of deficiencies
- Documenting appraiser/evaluator’s performance
- Required referrals to regulators
- Upcoming required changes
- Appraisals for higher-priced mortgage loans: joint statement final rule
- Covered loans and exempt loans
- Required changes
- Collateral valuation requirements
- At loan origination
- Life-of-loan monitoring
- Business loans – annual review
- Residential 1-4 family mortgages including junior liens
- Refinance or additional loan
- Loan modifications and workout loans
- TDRs and collateral-dependent loans
- OREO properties
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to senior management including CEOs, CFOs, treasurers, risk managers, auditors, loan review personnel, loan officers, and anyone responsible for analyzing and documenting real estate loan transactions.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
S. Wayne Linder
Young & Associates, Inc.