Thursday, June 6, 2013
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How important is the account signature card that you have members complete? Believe it or not, that simple card is crucial! It defines the parties on the account and their rights. Coupled with the account agreement and disclosures, it creates a contract between the credit union and those accountholders. Using the wrong card for the type of account can lead to improper handling – even to the point of litigation. This important session is designed to answer key questions that arise on accounts for minors, business and fiduciary accounts, and regular consumer accounts.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Understand the account types available and when special account cards are needed
- The importance of properly completing the card before the account is opened
- Potential effects of not treating account cards like contracts
- Help members and joint owners understand the different accounts your credit union offers based on your account cards
- Remedies for account card mistakes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Account type guide and checklist
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for membership officers, new account representatives, branch managers, tellers, financial service representatives, compliance officers, and anyone responsible for opening, closing or changing ownership on accounts.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Mary-Lou Heighes, CUCE
Compliance Plus, Inc.